October 26 – 31, 2021
Inspired by the beloved films, the romantic and adventure-filled new musical ANASTASIA is on a journey to Richmond at last!
From the Tony Award®-winning creators of the Broadway classic Ragtime, ANASTASIA transports us from the twilight of the Russian Empire to the euphoria of Paris in the 1920s, as a brave young woman sets out to discover the mystery of her past. Pursued by a ruthless Soviet officer determined to silence her, Anya enlists the aid of a dashing conman and a lovable ex-aristocrat. Together, they embark on an epic adventure to help her find home, love, and family. “Smartly adapted by Terrence McNally, ANASTASIA is a sweeping adventure, romance and historical epic whose fine craftsmanship will satisfy musical-theater fans” (Time Out).
ANASTASIA features a book by celebrated playwright Terrence McNally, a lush new score by Stephen Flaherty (music) and Lynn Ahrens (lyrics) based on original direction by Tony Award® winner Darko Tresnjak with choreography by Peggy Hickey and tour direction by Sarah Hartmann.
COVID Safety Measures
Broadway In Richmond looks forward to welcoming everyone to Altria Theater for its presentation of ANASTASIA the Musical, October 26-31, 2021. The health and safety of our patrons, staff, guests, and touring production remains our top priority. While we continue to follow local, state, and federal health guidelines, the following additional COVID safety measures have been put in place by Broadway in Richmond for this presentation:
• All patrons will be expected to present proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 OR proof of negative COVID-19 test, taken by a medical professional no more than 72 hours prior to the show, upon entering the theater.
• Our venue will accept physical vaccination cards, a scanned copy of your original card, a photograph of your vaccination card on your smart phone, or scanned digital vaccination records from the VDH Smart Health Verifier App. Please note that all proof of vaccination must show a full vaccination record, 14 days after the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines or one dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine. Please note that you must bring a valid photo ID as well.
• Acceptable test results include printed, emailed, or texted confirmations of a negative result from a PCR or Rapid test from the testing entity, including a doctor’s office, urgent care center, pharmacy/drugstore, or any other COVID-19 testing site no more than 72 hours prior to the performance you are attending. Please note that you must bring the official printout of your test or show your emailed or texted results, plus a valid photo ID for entrance. At home tests are not accepted.
• Children under the age of 12 must also present a negative COVID-19 test, taken by a medical professional no more than 72 hours prior to the show, upon entering the building. Children will not be required to present a photo ID if they are accompanied by an adult.
• All patrons are required to wear masks while they are in the theater, only removing them to eat and drink.
• Patrons that do not have a mask will be provided one for free upon entering the theater.
• Patrons who have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 2 weeks or have been in contact with someone that tested positive for COVID-19, or feel unwell, are asked to stay home. Contact the Altria Theater Box Office at email@example.com or (804)-592-3368 regarding your options, should this apply to you.
For more information regarding the applicable COVID-19 policies, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At this time these COVID safety measures are being put in place for Broadway In Richmond’s presentation of ANASTASIA the Musical. Broadway In Richmond is continuing to monitor local, state, and federal guidelines, and will reevaluate patron requirements prior to its next presentation of Come From Away in February.